29.9.09

The bartering system

Thanks to Kyle MacDonald (aka the oneredpaperclip guy) I've been perusing the bartering section of craigslist and loving the idea of using bartering for everything. EVERYTHING!

The first thing I see in the section is "Website for tiling my bathroom". Is there a more perfect example of bartering? "I can do something, you can do something.... lets work it out yo!".

So...Anyone wanna pay my rent in exchange for something? I can:
- Cook and deliver you (a vegetarian) dinner every day for the month.
- Make you a line of custom T-Shirts with YOUR FACE on them.
- Do your grocery shopping for you (you provide the funds).
- Create you a magnificent piece of art.

OR

Does anyone want to find me a job in exchange for:
- An entire can of pea soup?
- Half a box of tissues?
- A well used map of the USA?
- Nude photos of Whoopi Goldberg?

Sounds good right?!
I'm gunna go and pickup my turntable in exchange for my netbook...
peace
sean

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Issei_Sagawa

No comments:

Post a Comment